[gps-users] GPS gets 1 mention

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Fri Sep 8 21:01:38 CEST 2006

On Friday 08 September 2006 02:33, Arnaud Charlet wrote:
> > I can get GtkAda 2.8.0 to build and install and the the testgtk program
> > works. So this is something specific to CVS.  Anyone have any ideas about
> > how I can get this to build?
>
> You need to follow instructions in the INSTALL file from GtkAda, in
> particular:
>
> <<
> If you have a previous version of GtkAda on your system, we recommend that
> you remove it using the following command:
>
>    $ rm -rf <prefix>/include/gtkada
>

> Arno

This worked and, at least for me, was a "safe" way to handle this since I had
installed GtkAda 2.8.0 from source.  If I need to I can recover the old
version by simply doing another "make install".  I now have GtkAda CVS
installed on my system and everything in testgtk works.  So it appears to be
OK.   Thanks for your help Arno.

The GPS build made it much father than before but fails with these messages.

gnatgcc -c -g -gnatec=/home/xxxx/Sources/gps/gps/gnat_debug.adc -g -O1 -gnata -gnatVa -gnatQ -gnaty -gnatwaCJe -Wall -gnat05 -I- -gnatA /home/heng/Sources/gps/kernel/src_info/projects-registry.adb
projects-registry.adb:56:06: warning: no entities of "Scans" are referenced
projects-registry.adb:342:15: "Initialize_Ada_Keywords" not declared
in "Scans"
projects-registry.adb:346:10: "Is_Keyword_Name" is undefined
projects-registry.adb:867:10: unmatched actual "When_No_Sources" in call
projects-registry.adb:867:29: "Warning" is undefined
gnatmake: "/home/xxxx/Sources/gps/kernel/src_info/projects-registry.adb"
compilation error
make[1]: *** [internal-build] Error 4
make: *** [default] Error 2

This is much father than I have ever gotten with this before.   I feel like I
am much closer since earlier versions would not even configure.  Anyone have
any ideas about how to fix the above?   I am using CVS head from late
yesterday if that makes a difference.

Hal