[gps-users] GPS gets 1 mention

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Mon Sep 4 23:31:53 CEST 2006

Perhaps if GPS ran on a wider range of Linux machines it would get more
usage/publicity.  I have yet to get any version of GPS running on my amd64
machine.  None of the binary versions work and I have not been able to build
it on my machine.  I should point out that I didn't try very hard to get this
working.  So perhaps with some additional effort I can get it working.  But
it is disappointing that this is so much more difficult to get working than
other IDEs.  On the other hand kdevelop, vim and emacs all build and run with
no problems.  GPS needs to do the same.  Fix that problem and perhaps GPS
will see wider use.