[gps-users] Building GPS from CVS

Nicolas Setton setton at adacore.com
Thu May 26 10:06:28 CEST 2005

Hello Robert,

> Since I couldn't find a daily snapshot I wanted to try and build
> GPS from source.  I obtained the source from CVS on my Fedora 3
> linux box and attempted to build.  I have GtkAda 2.4.0 in /usr/
> local and I set the prefix for gps configure to /usr/gnat
>
> When I run the make command I get several failures.  I'm don't
> understand one piece of the INSTALL file that says to create a link
> called "gnat_src" and point it to something like "gcc/gcc/ada"  As
> far as I can tell using locate, I don't have any such directory.
> What should I actually point this link to?  If I knew the name of
> an actual file then I could search for it.
>
> All help appreciated.

This is the directory of the sources for the GNAT compiler that you
are using.

You should be able to obtain those sources at the place where you
obtained the compiler (the power of the GPL ;-))

Cheers,

Nico

PS: for questions about building and contributing to GPS, I suggest
using the mailing list gps-devel instead.