[gps-users] GPS 2.0.2 (20040908) hostedoni686-pc-linux-gnurunningGNAT 3.4.2

Arnaud Charlet charlet at ACT-Europe.FR
Thu Sep 16 10:01:26 CEST 2004

> I understand it now. Thanks for your clarification. The bottom line is
> that the current snapshot of GPS can not be fully beta tested since the
> gdb (Ada aware) does not exist. It would make sense if the gdb is

I am not sure what you mean by 'beta tested'. If you are looking for some
commercial evaluation, the libre site isn't the appropriate place, since
it is intended for academic and hobbyist usage.

For a commercial evaluation, please contact sales at gnat.com

> bundled with GPS snapshot. Otherwise, the tester has to do more than
> necessary. It is an unfortunate.

GPS also does not come with GNAT nor with CVS, etc...

This is intentional, since many different versions of GNAT and GDB (and CVS,
etc...) are supported by GPS (including native and cross
configurations).

People that get GNAT will also typically get a corresponding GDB. Other
people have mentioned some existing links to that effect.

Arno