[gps-users] GPS 2.0.2 (20040908) hostedoni686-pc-linux-gnurunningGNAT 3.4.2

Ludovic Brenta ludovic.brenta at insalien.org
Wed Sep 15 23:07:41 CEST 2004

"Anh Vo" writes:
> I understand it now. Thanks for your clarification. The bottom line
> is that the current snapshot of GPS can not be fully beta tested
> since the gdb (Ada aware) does not exist. It would make sense if the
> gdb is bundled with GPS snapshot. Otherwise, the tester has to do
> more than necessary. It is an unfortunate.

Ada-aware GDB does exist; see http://libre.act-europe.fr/GDB.  It is
not bundled with GPS but it is with the GNAT binary tarball from Ada
Core, at least on GNU/Linux.

Also, if you use Debian GNU/Linux, both GPS and Ada-aware GDB are
packaged, precompiled, preconfigured and ready to go.  See:

http://packages.debian.org/testing/devel/gnat-gps
http://packages.debian.org/testing/devel/gnat-gdb

(in Debian, I only package the latest public release of GPS, currently
1.4.0, as I do not have enough time to track the daily CVS
repositories of all packages).

--
Ludovic Brenta.