[gps-users] Specifying which make command to use

Mark Gjøl cyrax@b0rken.dk
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:18:16 +0100

--DKU6Jbt7q3WqK7+M

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 11:11:10AM +0100, Arnaud Charlet wrote:
> > Hi, I've just installed GPS on a SUN SPARC station running Solaris, and
> > I'd like to change the command for making files from make to gmake
> > (since make is the SUN make which behaves differently from the GNU
> > make). I couldn't find any info on this on the homepage and I can't
> > find out how to change it in GPS itself... How is this done?
> You could either put gnu make in front of your path, or use
> F9 (custom build) to choose any build command you like. These custom
> commands are saved from session to session, so you only have to type them=
 once.

Neat, but then I'm unable to use the built-in make options. Also, I'm
installing this on the local university, and it wouldn't really work if
everyone had to do it like that. Can't I define it in a global configure
file?

--=20
// Mark Gj=F8l
I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it does m=
ystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously.
 - Douglas Adams
-- http://b0rken.dk

--DKU6Jbt7q3WqK7+M

--DKU6Jbt7q3WqK7+M--