[gps-users] Repeating the Question

Martin Krischik krischik at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 20 18:43:52 CET 2004

Am Montag, 20. Dezember 2004 16:44 schrieb Robert Love:
> Let me try again.  Is anybody running GPS under Fedora Core 3?  I
> upgraded to this and lost the ability to debug under GPS.  The error
> seems to be described as
>
>     /dev/ptypd:  No such file or directory
>
> and indeed there is no file in the /dev directory.

The /dev directory should be full of files! It is inlikely that you can boot
if the /dev directroy is empty.

> I don't know if
> this is supposed to be part of all Linux systems or if it is an
> optional install.

Well, RedHat was alwas a bit diffrent.

> Can I configure gps to use another device?

I have got one:

la  /dev/ptypd
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     tty        2,  13 2003-09-23 19:59 /dev/ptypd

And this should give you one as well:

mknod /dev/ptypd c 2 13
chown root:tty /dev/ptypd
chmod a=rw  /dev/ptypd