[gps-users] Debugging problems

Leon Pollak leonp@plris.com
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:46:41 +0300

Hello.
	There seems to be several problems (bugs?) in working with debugger, IMHO.

1. GPS does not follow the commands issued to gdb via the console window.
Thus, it attempts to send 'run' even if the user already issued 's','n', etc.
via the console. This case (when the user issues commands via the console)
has its sense in several cases: working with non-regular targets (I work with
BDM), issuing "si,ni", commands, etc.

2. After hitting breakpoint, the problem above seems to be solved - GPS
understands several 'next' button pressing. But then again, pressing the
'next' button causes everything to 'freeze'. Pressing Ctrl-Backslash prints
out the 'next' command in blue and the source window is redrawn
correspondingly.

3. It takes GPS about 3-4 seconds to perform, for example, 'next' command. May
the cause be that at each stop my BDM version of gdb prints out 7 lines of
text (registers)?

Anyway, I must underline, that the same module been run under GVD does not
have none of these problems.

Dear developers, can you help me?

Best Regards

--