[gps-users] What GPS does with .gdbinit?

Leon Pollak leonp@plris.com
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:25:21 +0300

Hello,
	After a lot of struggle with GPS makefiles, I am now able to compile and link
my RTEMS based application!!!
	Now, I am trying to debug it. All I need at that time is to start the gdb
with my .gdbinit, where I shall do all I need to initialize my target
(cross-development).
	I observe the gdb behavior, which I can not describe to myself...:-)

	When I start it with .gdbinit with the line: " echo KUKU >lll "	the GPS
hangs. This I understand, as GPS must catch the gdb's I/O.
	This also shows that .gdbinit is processed!

	When I start it with .gdbinit with the line: " br main.c:1 "	the GPS starts
the gdb, but "info br" says that there is no break points.
	This shows that .gdbinit is not processed!!??

	I shall be very thankful for clarification of what GPS does with .gdbinit?

Best Regards
--
Dr.Leon M.Pollak
leonp at plris dot com