[gps-users] (no subject)

Smith, Herb herb.smith2@boeing.com
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:30:54 -0500

I'm new to GPS, however, it seems to be really great.  There are a
couple of questions that I have and hoped that someone could point me to
some more detailed documentation, or help me from their personal
experience.  I'm running GPS on a Windows 2000 system on which we have
ClearCase in use.

1) I cannot seem to get GPS to work with ClearCase.  I have to check out
files using CC first, then everything is fine.  How do I get GPS to
check in and check out files directly?

2) In the preferences menu there is a "helpers" panel.  I wanted to set
up a connection to the PrintFile utility to print my listings.  Are
these helpers just commands that are executed in a command window?  It
does not fire off the printfile utility, so I wondered if there was
something I was missing about how these helpers worked.

3) I get this "Pretty Printer" section in my xxx.gpr file that the build
process hangs up on.  I always have to remove it before I can get GPS to
compile and build my project.  Is the Pretty Printer thing some sort of
add-on that I need to obtain separately?  If not, how does this work?=20

Thanks for any insight you can give me.=20

Herb Smith