[gps-users] Severe problem with gdb interface

Leon Pollak leonp@plris.com
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:28:15 +0200

Hello,
	The gps 1.4 has some severe problem with interface to the gdb which was not
present in the 1.2 version, where everything works OK.
	First I download my application into the target (embedded development) and
this passes OK. When I do "ps -aus" I see the following line about the gdb:

root      2686 71.6  1.4 11576 7320 ttypf    R    15:18   0:02
/bin/powerpc-rtems-gdb -nw -q

	Then I press the RUN button (triangle turned to the right). The gdb console
shows:
file /OP/Build/main
(gdb) tbreak main
Function "main" not defined.
(gdb) run
The program is not being run.
(gdb)

	and from now on there is no way to execute the program. Each gps debug button
produces the same gdb message "The program is not being run". Typing the gdb
commands in gdb console has the same effect, EXCEPT THE RUN command. Run
command hangs everything and "ps -aux" shows that gdb is now a zombie
process:

root      2680 20.8  0.0     0    0 ?        Z    15:15   0:14
[powerpc-rtems-g <defunct>]

	I suppose that something has changed in the MI interface to the gdb, as both
"plane" gdb and gps 1.2 work fine.

--
Leon Pollak
leonp at plris dot com