[gps-users] Using a .gtkrc

Bobby D. Bryant bdbryant@mail.utexas.edu
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:39:44 -0600

I set up a ~/.gps/gtkrc to redefine the foreground and background
colors in GtkTextView widgets, hoping to change the background of the
program text in the main GPS viewer/editor, which by default is written
in the color of my general GTK+ theme.

The change does not seem to have any effect.  Actually, whenever I open
a file for editing or switch between the tabs for different source
files I get a brief flash of my specified color in the column where the
line numbers are written, but it is immediately overwritten by the
white background of the line numbers.  I don't even see that brief
flash of color for the main background.

Is what I am trying to do even possible?  Am I changing the colors for
the wrong widget type?  Is GPS perhaps applying my general GTK+ theme
_after_ applying whatever is in ~/.gps/gtkrc, and it is just repainted
so fast that I don't see it?

FYI, I am running the precompiled "Academic Version" that was just
announced, on a Linux system.

Thanks,
--
Bobby Bryant