[gps-users] -o and -c with multiple compilations?

Marc A. Criley adamac95@earthlink.net
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 07:15:16 -0500

> From: Emmanuel Briot

> You specified `gtkada-config` as a static switch to gnatmake in your
> project file, this is most probably not what you want. The switches in
> the project file are not interpreted by a shell, and there is thus no
> backtick expansion.
> Use a Makefile if you do not want to specify the GtkAda switches
> explicitely, and want to use `gtkada-config` instead.

Okay, I understand what's going on.  It's just that since the GtkAda
distribution provides, and the documentation documents, gtkada-config as the
simple way to get all the correct switch/library settings, that's what I
preferred to use.

Up till now I've used the ada-mode in Emacs, wherein I added `gtkada-config`
to the compile and build command lines specified in the Projects
settings--which is why I was trying to add it to the comparable setting in
GPS.  It would be A Good Thing for GPS to retain this capability in some
form, since GtkAda isn't the only product that utilizes this "switch
generating command" technique.

Marc A. Criley