[gps-devel] GPS +/- VIM

Emmanuel Briot briot at adacore.com
Tue May 23 08:41:50 CEST 2006

> OK, my question is then: Would it be difficult
> to ha a "VIM theme" ? I mean by this: To have
> VIM fully integrated with the native GPS
> editor. I'm asking if it's difficult because
> GPS seems to be so close to my optimal IDE,
> that I might offer some help in implementing
> this missing bit in my spare time.
> Or maybe someone is already working on it ?
> Do you think that combining some bits of
> the existing code with gnome VTE would
> do the job ?

None of the GPS developers is a VIM expert (and in fact none of us uses
anything other than GPS for general development). Some used to be Emacs users
(I was the maintainer of the ada-mode for Emacs), but then we implemented
what we needed in GPS, switched IDEs, and never looked back :-)

You would have to be more precise in terms of what exactly you would like to
do in terms of integration. I believe that looking at the XML files and
Python scripts you would be able to do most things that you want, but that
might not be the case.
I suggest you give it a try, and if you have more precise questions, come back
to this list (this might in fact be of general interest to people who haven't
really looked at GPS customability, one of its great strength)

regards
Emmanuel