[gps-devel] gnat-gps 2.1.0-3 (debian) crashes the whole X-Windows system

Ludovic Brenta ludovic.brenta at insalien.org
Thu Mar 3 21:26:44 CET 2005

Helge Lenz writes:
> Hi there,
> whenever I try to compile a simple "Hello world" programm with gnat-gps
> 2.1.0-3 from the debian unstable tree it crashes my whole X-Windows
> system, killing the display manager and taking every running program
> with it down the drain... I have no clue how to track this down, because
> there is no usefull debug information except the log file from gps (see
> attachment). Maybe I should compile it from the source, but I would like
> to use the debian packages. I even compiled gps from the debian
> source-package, but as soon as I hit the F4 key, I have to log in again.
>
> Regards Helge.

This problem is probably specific to Debian, in which case I plead
guilty for it.  I have just filed two bug reports in the Debian
database: one against gnat-gps[1] and the other against the X
server[2], since "any crash of the X server is a bug in the X server".

Please followup to 297980 at bugs.debian.org and 297985 at bugs.debian.org.
You may also want to subscribe to the package gnat-gps; for this,
visit http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gnat-gps.html

--
Ludovic Brenta.