[GAP] MINDSTORMS Ravenscar port

Jamie Ayre ayre at adacore.com
Mon Jun 14 15:26:56 CEST 2010

Dear GAP members,

As already hinted at by Matteo, we are pleased to announce that a GNAT compilation environment for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT supporting the Ravenscar Profile will be available in the coming months.

GNAT for the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT will include:

- Full support to the Ravenscar profile to develop statically analysable concurrent applications in Ada and SPARK
- An Ada library to access the MINDSTORMS NXT hardware including the NXT brick, sensors, motors and Bluetooth
- Support for Ada 2005 and the Ravenscar Profile, SPARK 2005 (with RavenSPARK) and a preview of some features of Ada 2012
- Getting Started material and examples of applications which can be used as teaching material

We invite you to start imagining now how you can use this technology for your next course on High-Integrity Systems Development using the Ada and SPARK languages. We will, of course, send a message when it is available for download from GNAT Tracker.

For any questions or more information, please contact gap at adacore.com.