[GAP] Regarding Cyril's Reply to My Rant

Cyrille Comar comar at adacore.com
Fri Nov 16 18:33:34 CET 2007

Riehle, Richard (CIV) wrote:
> As usual, your perspectives are greatly appreciated.

By the way, Richard, I have been made aware of this nice story today
which should help you see the future of Ada slightly more brightly. See
below link and quote. It is very gratifying for AdaCore to see bright
developers discover successfully Ada in 2007!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/16/german_code_breaker_defeats_colossus/
http://www.schlaupelz.de/SZ42/SZ42_software.html

Here is a quote from the second link:

<<
After years of C programming and trying other languages (like C++, Java,
Haskell, Python), I had started to learn Ada early in 2007. This
powerful and beautiful language has become my favourite, and I decided
to do the code development as a programming exercise in Ada.

During November 15, I could receive some of the Cipher Challenge
messages and decrypt them after breaking the key (wheel settings). All
sourcecode used is provided below. The Ada sources were compiled with
GCC/GNAT.