[GAP] Asynchroneus IO on Mac OS X

Christfried Webers christfried.webers at ieee.org
Sat Sep 9 09:51:10 CEST 2006

Arno,

I saw the "Get_Immediate being blocking on Mac OS X" has been raised before
by Alan Barnes. It is EC09-019 (Enhancement Suggestion). I would strongly
argue to implement this as nonblocking, although the ARM does
not demand it but says only (A.10.7.23) Get_Immediate SHOULD
be implemented with unbuffered input.

I just try to imagine some student new to Ada. Having heard all these
nice things about tasking, concurrency etc. Then she writes a program which
is controlled by the keyboard - the simplest control one can get.
And then the frustration: The Ada program does not react to single
keystrokes.

So please, get this fixed.

I will submit a ticket for the SIGIO problem (unless Ted can tell me what I
am doing wrong ;-)

Best
Chris

--On 8 September 2006 11:01:47 +0200 Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore.com>