[GAP] Asynchroneus IO on Mac OS X

Arnaud Charlet charlet at adacore.com
Fri Sep 8 11:01:47 CEST 2006

> While porting an Ada program running on Solaris and Linux to Mac OS X,
> I ran into the problem that I could not catch SIGIO signals via an
> installed signal handler (protected procedure). Before joining the GAP, I
> filed a report to ACT ([F411-002 public], see below), but as a public
> member I had no way of figuring out what happened with it.

What you should to is resubmit a ticket using gnattracker and your GAP
account, this way you will interact with AdaCore engineers and will
be able to look at the archives/discussions on this ticket.

Be sure to submit a self contained ticket rather thasn a simple follow up
to a discussion from this list, since the two are separate and there's
no easy way to link the two.

Note that F411-002 contained actually two separate issues: one about SIGIO,
one about get_immediate being blocking.

I'd suggest opening two separate tickets, since the two issues are very
different.

Arno