[GAP] Use of Ada 2005

Robert Dewar dewar at adacore.com
Thu Mar 30 19:44:37 CEST 2006

Martin Stift wrote:

> I am continuing to use Ada95 in my courses on modelling of stellar
> atmospheres, spectral synthesis and polarisation and I have not yet
> found anything really important or useful for high performance object
> oriented scientific computing in the new features introduced by Ada2005.

The most obvious candidate here is the linear algebra package
which we will implement as an interface to the standard Fortran
BLAS library. But likely you already have a library of this kind.
It will be nice in future to have a standardized interface for
this kind of functionality.

And then there is always the critical new feature of being able
to spell the constant pi with a greek letter :-) :-)