[GAP] gnat3.15p + AdaCore's gnat environment

Martin Carlisle carlislem at acm.org
Thu Jan 19 20:24:33 CET 2006

I actually use AdaGIDE+GAP compiler.  The particular item needed to make
this combo successful is to be able to invoke the GPS debugger instead of
GVD.  To do this, I use the following small program in place of GVD.

I suspect when the project wizards in GPS become better that I won't feel a
need to use AdaGIDE instead of GPS.

--Martin

with Ada.Command_Line;
use Ada.Command_Line;
with Gnat.Os_Lib;
with Ada.Strings.Fixed;
use Ada.Strings.Fixed;

procedure Gvd is
   Al : Gnat.Os_Lib.Argument_List(1..2);
   Name : String := Argument(1);
   Result : Gnat.Os_Lib.Process_Id;
   pragma Linker_Options("-mwindows");
begin
   Al(1) := new String'("--debug=" & name);
   Al(2) := new String'(Name(Name'First..Name'Last-3) & "adb");
   Result := Gnat.Os_Lib.Non_Blocking_Spawn(
      Program_Name => "gps.exe",
      Args         => Al);

end Gvd;