[GAP] gnat3.15p + AdaCore's gnat environment

Cyrille Comar comar at adacore.com
Thu Jan 19 19:22:21 CET 2006

Peter.Hermann at ihr.uni-stuttgart.de wrote:
> Does somebody have experience with a peaceful(?) coexistence of
>
> gnat3.15p+AdaGide
>       and
> AdaCore's gnat academic environment
>
> under Windows2000 or XP ?
>
> reason for my question:
> I do not want to abandon gnat3.15p+AdaGide because I still need
> to have a common platform with my students.
> OTOH I need some functionality of Ada2005 in other situations.

Hello Peter,

I am afraid this may not be straightforward. Relatively recent GNAT
versions packaged by AdaCore for Windows can all be installed at the
same time without perturbating other distribs. I don't think this was
already the case for 3.15.

Why wouldn't you upgrade your students to the GAP release? (or the GPL
edition if you want them to be able to download it easily from the Libre
site)