[GAP] E701-009: New contribution (Run-Time for GAP with MaRTE OS)

Javier Miranda miranda at adacore.com
Fri Oct 21 19:21:56 CEST 2005

Dear GAP Member,

   I am glad to announce a new contribution submitted by Mario
Aldea and Michael Gonzalez. Here you have copy of its description
(this is also available in the "Libraries" section of our GAP
 Contributions Page).

Regards,

--- Javier Miranda

Run-Time System for GAP compilers based on MaRTE OS

This run-time for x86-Linux is based on MaRTE OS acting as a
threads-library. Since it does not rely on Linux threads (as the other
run-times for x86-Linux do) it allows Ada programs to have a behaviour
that follows the Real-Time Systems Annex (proper use of priorities and
FIFO_Within_Priorities scheduling policy) without super-user privileges.

 Authors: Mario Aldea Rivas and Michael Gonzalez Harbour
 License: GPL
Web page: http://marte.unican.es