[GAP] E701-009 - New contribution ("Ada Distilled" book)

Javier Miranda miranda at adacore.com
Wed Nov 16 21:33:50 CET 2005

Dear GAP Member,

   We have just updated our GAP Contributions Page with the book writen by
Richard Riedhle.

Regards,

---- Javier

Ada Distilled: An Introduction to Ada Programming for
  Experienced Computer Programmers

Copyright 2002, AdaWorks Software Engineering

This book is aimed at experienced programmers who want to learn Ada at the
programming level. It is not a <em>"...for dummies"</em> book, nor is it
intended as a program design book. Instead, we highlight some key features of
the Ada language, with coded examples, that are essential for getting started
as an Ada programmer. This book emphasizes syntax, control structures,
subprogram rules, and how-to coding issues rather than design issues.  There
are other really fine books available that deal with design. Also, this is not
a comprehensive treatment of the Ada language. The bibliography lists some
books that can help you once you have finished the material in this book. Think
of this a quick-start book, one that enables you, the experienced programmer,
to get into the Ada language quickly and easily. The examples use text-oriented
programs for simplicity of learning.

Author  : Richard Riehle
License : Public Edition. Permission to copy if AdaWorks is acknowledged in copies.
Version : July 2003

The access to the PDF and also the Examples.ZIP of the book is available
in our GAP Contributions Page (section Books)