[GAP] RE: SPARK Research

Riehle, Richard USA rdriehle at nps.edu
Thu Feb 24 00:09:46 CET 2005

Hi Rod,

Well, we might finally have a student interested
in doing research using SPARK.

The student is Annette Torrance and her thesis advisor
is Dr. George Dinolt.

I am taking the opportunity to introduce both of them to
you via this email.   I told Dr. Dinolt and Ms Torrance
that I knew you, and Praxis, would be supportive of
any kind of positive research efforts that involved
SPARK.

Ms Torrance is part of our Scholarship for Service program,
a unique program focused on computer security and reliability.
When she completes her Master's Degree at NPS, she will be
hired by some Federal Agency.

I have given them a copy of our current version of SPARK along
with the Academic License agreement.   If there is a more
recent version, we would love to have it.

If Ms Torrance chooses to use SPARK as part of her research, it
will result in a published Master's Degree thesis.  If you like
the work she did on the thesis, I am sure she would be pleased
to visit Bath to give a presentation of her work.  Of course,
such a visit would have to funded, but that can probably be
worked out and is at least sixteen months away since she only
recently started our program at NPS.

If you are in the California area visiting, and you would like
to visit with us at NPS, you know you are always welcome.

On another note, I will not be at the Conference on Reliable
Software Technologies for the second year in a row.  Instead,
I will be in Japan.  Sorry I will miss you, but perhaps we
can find another time to get together again.

Best wishes,

Richard