[Fwd: Re: [GAP] Internships for Ada Students]

Louise Arkwright arkwright at act-europe.fr
Thu Sep 30 12:18:06 CEST 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [GAP] Internships for Ada Students
Date: 	Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:49:57 +0200
From: 	Laurent Pautet <pautet at inf.enst.fr>
To: 	Louise Arkwright <arkwright at act-europe.fr>

On 22/09, Louise Arkwright wrote:

| In  order to address this issue at the root, perhaps it would be helpful
| to exchange info on student internships:
|
|   - are your students looking for internships ?

Yes !

|   - how easily do they secure an internship ?

I am not sure I understand the question. They are looking for
internship of six months. Most of the time they ask one or several
teachers for advice. Otherwise, they look in the internship list of
the previous year.

|   - how far afield are students prepared to move to undertake an
| internship?

ENST aka Telecom Paris is the first french Grande Ecole (some kind of
university for first class engineers) in Telecommunications.

|   - within what type of industry are internships found/offered?

Any computer science field (*not only* in telecommunication domain).

|   - would it be helpful if  the Ada Academic Initiative were to assist
| by awarding competition winners in-house internships at AdaCore and with
| some of our customers?

Yes

--
-- Laurent