[GAP] Internships for Ada Students

Louise Arkwright arkwright at act-europe.fr
Wed Sep 22 10:57:40 CEST 2004

Dear Ada Instructors,

We have been informed by several of our customers that there are real
difficulties today in recruiting students having studied Ada,  and that
inversely we are hearing that many post-graduates with an Ada background
are encountering difficulties finding a professional activity in their
field.

In  order to address this issue at the root, perhaps it would be helpful
to exchange info on student internships:

   - are your students looking for internships ?
   - how easily do they secure an internship ?
   - how far afield are students prepared to move to undertake an
internship?
   - within what type of industry are internships found/offered?
   - would it be helpful if  the Ada Academic Initiative were to assist
by awarding competition winners in-house internships at AdaCore and with
some of our customers?

Feedback on this subject welcome!

Louise Arkwright
Ada Academic Program Manager