[GAP] Bootstrapping the Ada Academic Initiative

Thomas Quinot quinot at act-europe.fr
Tue Sep 21 14:49:42 CEST 2004

Dear GAP Community members,

First of all thank you for participating in the Ada Academic Initiative.
We hope this programme will foster communication and fruitful collaboration
around Ada in academic contexts.

We have already received several contributions that will shortly be
available for download from the GAP GNAT Tracker web site at
http://gap.gnat.info/. These contributions include for example a
comprehensive documentation of GNAT internals by Javier Miranda, and
teaching material on the Distributed Systems Annex by Laurent Pautet.

While the programme is just starting, putting these resources on line is
still quite straightforward, and we plan to have them downloadable from
a simple web page.

However, as more participants provide contributions, we will need to
organize them in a more structured way. To this end, we would like to
have your input on how best you think these resources should be
organized. Since you will be the ones submitting and using these
contributions, we need to know what would be a practical interface for
you do to so.

At the moment we plan to organize contributions along a number of themes
such as distribution, real-time, programming in the large, scientific
programming..., as well as by categories: teaching material, reusable
software components, lab material, .... Since themes and categories
are not always clearly defined, each contribution might be relevant to
several subsets of the classification. The various sections of the GAP
site will likely evolve over time as more contributions are made.

We would be grateful if you could send your opinion and ideas on
what kind of interface you would like to find on the GAP web site, and
also how we should classify the contributions there, as followups on
this mailing list.

Thank you in advance for your input!

Thomas Quinot.

--
Thomas Quinot ** quinot at act-europe.fr ** Software and Network Engineer
              AdaCore -- Paris, France  -- New York, USA