[GAP] teaching real-time programming with Ada

Cyrille Comar comar at adacore.com
Mon Nov 22 13:13:56 CET 2004

Laurent Pautet writes:
 > On 17/11, Cyrille Comar wrote:
 > |
 > | Are there still people in this situation? There may be better
 > | alternatives those days...
 >
 > Yes, there are still people in this situation :)

I knew you were one of them. And you are not the only one... I hafe
received a few personnal messages to that effect. Toobas they did not
go to the entire list... if their authors can repost them to the list
that would be great.

 > I am open to other alternatives

Great! I have received very encouraging news from University of
Cantabria. They have ported MaRTE to the GAP 1.0 compiler
successfully. There is a version that runs on Linux, in user-mode.

Mario or Michael, could you post the details to the list? (your

 > but they have to fit with other requirements. The process has to be
 > performed by students on regular computers from the university.
 >
 > * no need to be super-user
 > * ne need to have a specific OS

I beleive those requirements are currently mostly met. Mario mentioned
to me that there was no need of running as super-user anymore. Only
the Linux port is currently done but my understanding is that there is
no specific barrier for porting to other hosts.

Mario & Michael, what would a port to Solaris or Winnt require? Isn't
it mostly a matter of recompiling & testing?