[AWS] make AWS on Windows for Gnat 2014 gives 'gps: No such file or directory'

Jocelyn Ireson-Paine popx at j-paine.org
Sun Jan 25 09:15:19 CET 2015

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015, Pascal Obry wrote:

> Which version of AWS are you trying to install?
>
> There is many changes on both fronts GNAT and AWS and you need to make
> sure that the AWS version is compatible with GNAT GPL 2014. For example
> it is certainly not possible to compile AWS from GPL 2010 with GPL 2014.
Hi Pascal,

Thanks for that. I was trying to install the most recent AWS, the one from
http://libre.adacore.com/download/configurations . So they should have
been compatible.

> If you are using recent sources from Git there is a script to build and
> install AWS specifically for Windows users. See win32/build.cmd.

Actually, I think I'm going to switch to Virtual Box
(https://www.virtualbox.org/) and run under Linux on my Windows machine.
Not just because it will make it easier to install AWS, but because it's
compatible with what my colleage Graham Stark on our project is doing.

But just for the record, I've one more question. In my original mail to
the list, I mentioned http://www.j-paine.org/installing_aws_for_xp.html ,
"Installing the Gnat Ada AWS Web development framework on Windows XP".
That's a page I wrote in 2008 and updated in 2011. Is it still useful for
people installing the latest AWS with the latest Gnat? From what you say,
I suspect not. If so, could you suggest a few words I could add at the top
telling those people where to go for advice?

> Regards,
> Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

Cheers,
Jocelyn

>  The best way to travel is by means of imagination
But the food is less sustaining