[AWS] make AWS on Windows for Gnat 2014 gives 'gps: No such file or directory'

Jocelyn Ireson-Paine popx at j-paine.org
Sun Jan 18 20:02:05 CET 2015

I'm trying to install AWS under Cygwin for Gnat 2014 on my new Windows 7
machine. I once wrote a guide on how to install AWS:
http://www.j-paine.org/installing_aws_for_xp.html , "Installing the Gnat
Ada AWS Web development framework on Windows XP" , so I'm following that.

Specifically, I'm following the steps in the section "New for 2011" at the
end, which is what I wrote about how to install AWS for Gnat 2010. That
worked in 2011, but it's not working for Gnat 2014. I've edited my
makefile.conf to set a suitable prefix, and added the GNAT 2014 directory
to my PATH. But when I then do
   make setup
under Cygwin, I get this error:
   make[1]: *** gps: No such file or directory. Stop.
   makefile:174 recipe for target 'gps_setup' failed.
   make: *** [gps_setup] Error 2

As I say, this error didn't happen when I installed AWS for Gnat 2010. As
far as I can tell, I've followed the same steps I did then. So has
something changed in Gnat? What's gps?

Jocelyn Ireson-Paine
07768 534 091
http://www.jocelyns-cartoons.uk