[AWS] Fwd: Troubles compiling AWS on Ubuntu 12.04

Sebastiano Gottardo dextorer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 17:12:16 CET 2012

Hello,

let me apologize in advance if my question is going to be silly. I'm having
troubles compiling AWS on my Ubuntu x86_64 distribution. Details as follows:

   - I've downloaded and installed (in /usr/gnat/) GNAT GPL Edition from
   http://libre.adacore.com - its version is "GNAT GPL 2012 (20120509)"
   - I've added the installation directoty "/usr/gnat/bin/" to the PATH
   variable - now I'm able to run all the gnat- commands
   - I've downloaded the AWS archive from http://libre.adacore.com too

Now, if I simply run "sudo make setup build install" I get this error:

*make[1]: gprbuild: Command not found*

which is really weird, because I've double checked the /usr/gnat/bin/
directory and it contains the gprbuild executable. If I, on the other hand,
install gprbuild from the Ubuntu repositories (which contains a 2011
version) the configuration/compilation goes on without any issue. Seems
like some incompatibility between GNAT and AWS, but I can't figure out why.
What am I missing?

If I've missed any vital information I will provide it upfront.

Thanks,
Sebastiano