[AWS] Possible OpenID API for AWS?

Graham Stark graham.stark at virtual-worlds.biz
Thu Aug 9 13:27:04 CEST 2012

Hi,

> Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> > Pascal Obry wrote:
> >
> > > Can you explain more how OpenID works? This is not clear to me, so I
> > > can't comment further.
> >
> > OpenID is a distributed/centralised (depending on your point of view)
> > authentication protocol.
>
> FWIW this is what all the StackExchange sites use for their user authentication. I kind of like it, because it reduces the number of passwords and accounts I have to keep track of, and allows me to build a reputation on an account that transcends a single website.

I'm a user rather than a developer of AWS but this sounds really useful.
It would have got me out of a big problem with my last project where I
needed shared registrations from my AWS program and a PHP CMS I had no
control over.

It'd be great if it found a good home.

Graham

Graham Stark, Virtual Worlds Research
http://www.virtual-worlds-research.com
136 Hainault Avenue, Milton Keynes, MK14 5PG, UK
t: (+044) 01908 618239 skype: graham_k_stark m:(+044) 075283 45116