[AWS] Soap with embedded xml

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Wed Nov 16 16:22:13 CET 2011

Björn,

> I'm trying to pass a xml document as a parameter in a soap request.
> There are some other parameter like date and id as well in the soap
> body; the last one is called 'transactionContent'
> and is defined as a string
> What happens is that the xml content gets string translated so all xml
> entities Are escaped to < and > and so on.
>
> The receiver does not like this.
>
> So, we embed it into a <![CDATA[ section but the content is still
> translated to xml-entities like &lt;
>
> Is that a correct behavior?
>
> aws 2.8.0
> xml/ada 3.1
>

> Is there a way of telling AWS that this parameter should not be escaped?
>
> Or should I convince the receiver that this is correct, and he should
> start liking it?

I'm not sure as I haven't done that since a long time. I kind of
remember having this issue at some point, but since I controlled both
the client and the server I had decided to send the XML document base64
encoded. This was "fixing" the wrong encoding.

It would be nice to check that Apache/AXIS (or any other well known SOAP
implementation) does.

Pascal.

--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|