[AWS] A primitive AWS code generator

Brett dragoncity at aanet.com.au
Thu Nov 3 05:58:50 CET 2011

Hi,
I have written a Ada/AWS program code generator which although
primitive and requires further development, automatically converts a
KompoZer HTML file into a complete GNAT-GPS project ( .adb, _cb.adb,
_cb.ads, .gpr files generated).

Newcomers to Ada who have may avoided  AWS  because of  its apparent
complexities should find it useful in creating simple WEB GUI forms,
experienced Ada/AWS users probably less so.

Please note that not all KompoZer's HTML facilities are accounted for,
but AWSGEN is fairly easy to add to.

If your interested, visit :

http://web.aanet.net.au/dragoncity/

follow the links to "Ada 2005" and download the complete AWSGEN project
source code , there are 5 files and note: no copyright or support! - use
as you will. And also an extraction of two chapters from my personal Ada
book where I discuss AWSGEN.

Apart from AWSGEN's general usefulness, having a complete Ada/AWS
example project may give the beginner some useful insight into using
AWS from a programmers point of view.

BTW: I use AWSGEN to support its own WEB GUI form when I need to modify
its displayed information.

--

Cheers,
Brett