[AWS] How to gracefully exit from AWS ( and Ada) ?

Pascal Obry pascal.obry at gmail.com
Sun May 22 11:02:36 CEST 2011

Hi Brett,

> However I cannot seem to find how to exit gracefully !
>
> I'd like some way that when the user presses the 'Quit' button on the
> HTML Form then the web browser could be stopped and shutdown and also
> the Ada/AWS program so the user is returned to the desktop.

It seems that there is some confusion here. In Web based applications
there is two parts to shutdown the client (web browser) and the server.
For the server (AWS part) see AWS.Server API and especially the Wait
routine. Using No_Server value seems to be what you are looking for.
But, when the client press your [Quit] button you must ensure that all
the servers all shutdown (AWS.Server.Shutdown).

Now, for closing the Web browser I suppose this can be achieved with
some Javascript, but I have never done that.

Pascal.

--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|