[AWS] "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" message from Gnat's copy of gcc

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Sat Jan 8 10:57:25 CET 2011

Jocelyn,

Not sure what is going wrong but for sure GNAT GPL 2010 is working fine
with AWS has this has been tested before. The error you reported is
about wrong DWARF2 unwinding in Zero Cost Exception mode.

> What's going on here? Should I be using the gcc supplied with Gnat or my
> own, and if the latter, how do I make setup.grp recognise it?

You must use ONLY the GNAT GPL binaries. The Cygwin is only necessary
for its toolset (make, cp, bash...) but you must avoid Cygwin compilers
and libraries. This is what I suspect is wrong.

Be sure to set the PATH with GNAT GPL first, and run make setup again.
You may need to clean up first:

   $ make clean
   $ make setup

Pascal.