[AWS] Praise - and a very simple (and early) benchmark.

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Wed Jan 5 19:42:13 CET 2011

Thomas,

Thanks for the report, quite nice results especially since I have almost
never tried to tune for speed. Most of my work was always on
correctness, safety and trying to get a clean and simple API.

> This is with Max_Connections set at 5.
>
> 500_000 hits are completed in 29 seconds, with 8 CPU cores running at ~70%.

70% seems expected as you are using 5 of the 8 CPU.

> This is very impressive. It seems that AWS is going to be rocking my
> world for the foreseeable future.

Do you have data using another server? Would be nice...

Pascal.

--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|