[AWS] Having more then 1000 concurrent connections?

Thomas Løcke thomas.granvej6 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 08:08:17 CEST 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Pascal Obry <pascal at obry.net> wrote:
> 3000 connections means 3000 tasks (so threads). Each threads has its own
> stack, on 32bits OS this will just too much threads for the available
> stack size. Even for a quite heavy loaded server a max connection of 100
> and a queue size of 3000 should be ok.

Is there actually any gains at all by having max connection set > than
the amount of CPU cores available? I mean, if you've got 8 cores,
won't a ninth AWS task just sit around waiting until on of the cores
are available? Or am I missing something?

Hmmm, this sounds like something that's worth benchmarking, and
perhaps write a small article about!

:o)
Thomas Løcke