[AWS] Having more then 1000 concurrent connections?

Joseph Montanez jmontanez at gorilla3d.com
Wed Aug 10 01:35:05 CEST 2011

By default AWS has 5 max connections, so I changed that to 3000.
However as soon as I get to 1016 connections it stops accepting. I
could understand 1024 since thats the file descriptor limit, but 1016?
Here is the config:

Accept_Queue_Size 3000
Max_Connection 3000
Max_Concurrent_Download 3000
Free_Slots_Keep_Alive_Limit 3000
Keep_Alive_Force_Limit 3000
Keep_Alive_Close_Limit 3000
Reuse_Address True
Server_Port 1234

Right now its only one aws server. So my question here is it possible
to have more connections on a single aws server? I can spawn more then
one aws server and they each will cap at 1016, so certainly not bad,
just would be nice to to scale higher so I can avoid having to work
around shared memory issues of two processes.

--
Joseph Montanez
Web Developer