[AWS] Follow up to "Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s) when GZip'ing content - bug in AWS or?"

Thomas Løcke thomas.granvej6 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 08:02:45 CEST 2011

I tried compiling AWS with ZLIB=false set in makefile.conf and then
the problem completely went away.

So using the zlib that comes with AWS works, whereas using the one on
my system only works _prior_ to commit
2120bf7cf5f6c071ee9722a5e1a9184554922466. On every commit thereafter I
get the valgrind error output.

What can be deduced from that?

I honestly don't know, but apparently something odd is going on with:

   commit 2120bf7cf5f6c071ee9722a5e1a9184554922466
   Author: Pascal Obry <obry at adacore.com>
   Date:   Fri Mar 11 15:11:35 2011 +0100

       Always copy the static libz.

       This library is always built for AWS own use. We now install it to
       cover the case where the dynamic libz is installed in the OS but
       not the static version. If the OS static version is present it
       will be used anyway.

      Should fix K310-011.

Am I the only one seeing this?

:o)