[AWS] Writing a wiki software with aws

Christian Forster boronk at boronk.de
Tue May 18 17:17:38 CEST 2010

Hello,

My Name is Christian Forster and I am from germany. I have written a wiki
software for private use in perl. Now, almost satisfied with the outcome a
thought it would be a good idea to reimplement it with a faster language.

Knowing ada from work, I think, despite the elaborate code it would be a good
idea to use it for some type of web application.

But before I begin, I want to be sure that some things do work or are at least
available in ada.

I would need the following features:

* some type of flex/yacc - tools to write the parser to transform the
wikimarkup into html. This is now done with a executable written in C which is
called seperately as a process
* support for xslt, which is now done with xsltproc and I think would be
better to be integrated
* a print or pdf library to render the pages as pdf. at the moment i use
PDF::API2, the code could be converted to ada, but I need some backend to draw
the characters and images on the pages. Some cairo wrapper could be sufficient
if it is available.
* SSL support (I think, that is available)
* picture conversion/resize/mangling libraries for at least png,jpg and svg.
The more the better. This is now done with imagemagick.
* some type of safe server side scripting. I use at the moment JE for that
purpose, but that is really, really slow. This is needed to give the writer of
the texts in the wiki the possibility to do some automation or form-handling.
The best would be to have some type of javascript engine since all is written
in javascript. If only other languages are available like lua, this would be
also ok.

Is this possible?

Christian