[AWS] Weird problem with AWS.Server.Log.Start

Thomas Løcke thomas.granvej6 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 16:44:19 CET 2010

Hey,

If I "tail -f" the AWS access logfile, and then access some content, I
can see that the log
data is written instantly to file, just as if Auto_Flush had been set to True.

The weird thing is, that I'm doing this in the application:

   AWS.Server.Log.Start (Web_Server => WS, Auto_Flush => False);

Is this behavior intentional, or?

In the same AWS app I'm also using some of the GNATcoll traces stuff,
and data are written to those
files in what appears to be ~4KB blocks when flushing is disabled. If
I enable immediate flushing
for those traces, data is written instantly also.

This is on Slackware 13.1 AMD64, using GNAT GPL 2010 and AWS 2.1.0
(latest SVN - updated today).

:o)
Thomas Løcke