[AWS] Building for VxWorks target problem

Pascal Obry pascal.obry at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 11:45:15 CEST 2010

Antoine,

> I first used the latest (2010) downloadable version but I have the same
> problem with the SVN repository.
>
> Command to build:
> $ make TARGET=powerpc-wrs-vxworks setup build

Looks correct.

> Problems during the build:
> - Error about the style checks "-gnaty3abBcefhiIklmnoprstx" as suggested
> in an other mail in this list I removed this.

Right.

> - Problems about missing /string.h, stdlib.h, errno.h/ and others. Found
> that this was a problem for the zlib. So I modified the file/
> /aws/include/zlib/zlib.gpr/ to have the source directories point to the
> correct location in the VxWorks directory.

It should also be possible to fix that by using proper VxWorks
environment variable. Looks at the C VxWorks compiler setting.

> - Missing ws2tcpip.h, this is a little bit strange because it is a file
> for the windows build (well, the build machine is a windows XP machine).

Hum, probably a confusion between host/target! This should not be needed
when the target is VxWorks.

> Also modified the file /makefile.conf/ to set the TARGET
> = powerpc-wrs-vxworks and DEFAULT_TARGET = vxworks. But still have the
> some problems.

Should not be needed. The makefile.setup generated during the setup is
taking precedence.

> Does anyone have a clue what can be wrong? Or does have anyone some
> experience in building AWS for VxWorks?

Don't know... You did not described the problem! What is going wrong?

Pascal.

--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|