[AWS] Building for VxWorks target problem

Antoine Heijde, van der aheijde at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 11:01:39 CEST 2010

Hello All,

Since it should be possible to build AWS for a VxWorks target I gave it a
try. Only I got some errors, so probably I forgot to set some config options
or other stuff.

I first used the latest (2010) downloadable version but I have the same
problem with the SVN repository.

Command to build:
$ make TARGET=powerpc-wrs-vxworks setup build

Problems during the build:
- Error about the style checks "-gnaty3abBcefhiIklmnoprstx" as suggested in
an other mail in this list I removed this.
- Problems about missing *string.h, stdlib.h, errno.h* and others. Found
that this was a problem for the zlib. So I modified the
file*/aws/include/zlib/zlib.gpr
* to have the source directories point to the correct location in the
VxWorks directory.
- Missing ws2tcpip.h, this is a little bit strange because it is a file for
the windows build (well, the build machine is a windows XP machine).

Also modified the file *makefile.conf* to set the TARGET
= powerpc-wrs-vxworks and DEFAULT_TARGET = vxworks. But still have the some
problems.

Does anyone have a clue what can be wrong? Or does have anyone some
experience in building AWS for VxWorks?

Or can it be that I have problems with GPRBuild?

PS I first did a build and install under Linux as well as Windows (Cygwin)
without a problem.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Antoine van der Heijde