[AWS] Linking Error

Dmitriy Anisimkov anisimkov at ada-ru.org
Thu Jun 5 05:10:03 CEST 2008

Hamel, Mark A. (Mission Systems) wrote:

> Hello, I get the following error when my program gets close to finish
> linking:
>
> c:\ada\aws-gpl-2.3.0\.build\release\lib/libaws.a(aws-net-poll_events.o):aws-net-poll_events.adb:(.text+0x3be):
> undefined reference to `poll'
>
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gnatlink: error when calling C:\GNAT\2007\bin\gcc.exe
> gnatmake: *** link failed.
>
> Thanks for any help!

Looks like your linker do not see poll.o created from win32/poll.ad[sb]
files.
Why linker do not see it, depend on your build method.

This object file need only for linking in Windows.
If you do not use GPR files try to find poll.o file in the AWS install
folder and add poll.o into -largs part of gnatmake.

 Maybe it is not quite right solution, but I'm not using MS Windows
right now and could not check AWS windows installation.