[AWS] AWS.client.get and https

Tesson julien tesson.julien at free.fr
Wed Jan 16 19:03:32 CET 2008

Pascal Obry a écrit :
> Julien,
>

>> It finally works !!!
>>

> Good to hear!
>

>> I had forget to add -lssl -lcrypto to the linker option.
>>

> I was about to answer that looking at your previous trace.
>

>> With
>>             package Linker is
>>                for Default_Switches ("Ada") use ("-lssl", "-lcrypto");
>>             end Linker;
>> it work fine but it  the program need a file client.pem in the directory.
>> Is there a way to eliminate this ? what is the purpose of this file ?
>>

> But there is not reference to this client.pem in the AWS API, you have
> specified yourself on the AWS.Client.Get call? If not, where does this
> reference come from?

If I don't have the client.pem file I get the following error :

raised AWS.NET.SOCKET_ERROR : Certificate file "client.pem" error.
02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory
20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib
140AD002:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file:system lib

the program is the same as in my first mail.

Apparently, ssl need a key pair (private and public) to establish the
encrypted communication, but it would be nice to be able to generate
those keys "on the fly".

> BTW, which version of AWS are you using? AWS GPL 2007?

I use the current release available on the libre.adacore.com website
(AWS 2.3.0 GPL Edition) together with gnat gpl 2007.