[AWS] gnatlink fails with aws hello world example on debian 4.0

Ludovic Brenta ludovic at ludovic-brenta.org
Wed Dec 3 20:24:36 CET 2008

My bad - I forgot that the compiler in Etch does not understand "library
project files" and therefore you need to specify a package Linker in your
own project file (i.e. default.gpr). This is explained in detail in
/usr/share/ada/adainclude/aws.gpr. The best way is:

package Linker renames AWS.Linker;

In Debian Lenny, the compiler is newer and does understand "library
project files". Your /usr/lib/gnat/aws.gpr is a library project file.
With these, your default.gpr no longer has to have a package Linker.

Upgrading to 4.0r5 "Etch and a half" will not change anything to Ada
packages but may close unrelated security holes.

--
Ludovic Brenta.