[AWS] AWS.Client

Adrian Hoe 贺文耀 mailbox at adrianhoe.com
Thu Sep 13 08:25:28 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am exploring a viability of developing a Mac software retrieving
JPEG (motion) images from a video server using AWS.

So far, I am able to connect to the video server and to issue simple
control commands to the video server with AWS.Client.Create and
AWS.Client.Get.

I am ready to step into the second phase of exploration which is more
difficult and most important part of the entire project. To retrieve
JPEG images from the server.

To retrieve the JPEG images from the server using a web browser:

      http://xyz.com:20000/nphMotionJpeg?
Resolution=320x240&Quality=Standard

The server will send (push) continuous frames of JPEG still images to
the browser giving the motion effects.

According to doc, I can use Read_Some or Read to receive the JPEG
frames with connection created with Server_Push => True.

In the comment of Read_Some, it says.... Returns Last < Data'First.
While in the comment of Read, it says...  Returns Last < Data'Last. I
supposed it should be "Returns Last < Data'Last". Am I right?

I am not familiar with server push and AJAX stuff. My concern is, how
do I know if Read/Read_Some has received one full JPEG frame or more?
Or does Read/Read_Some work in the way that it will receive one frame
(of one JPEG image) after another of different size? JPEG images of
320x240 do not have the same file size(due to encoding and
compression?).

Has anyone had any experience in this area? Can you share your
experience?

Thanks and best regards,
--
"If you missed the rising sun and the morning dew, don't miss the
beautiful sunset." -- Adrian Hoe inspired by Michal Nowak, June 15 2004