[AWS] Compiling hello_world errors

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Tue Oct 23 19:57:49 CEST 2007

Thomas De Contes a écrit :
>> src.gpr:96:12: Locally_Removed_Files can only be used in an extending
>> project file
>> gnatmake: "src" processing failed
>> make[1]: *** [build] Error 4
>> make: *** [src_build] Error 2
>> + exit
>>
>> are you doing modifications, causing this ?
>
> sorry, i was with the wrong compiler, because adasockets doesn't work
> with gnat 4.3

I was about to ask about the compiler version :)

> in fact they were done, but in .build/release/demos/
> (i searched for them in demos/ )
> is it right ?

Yes. Every build objects are created under the .build directory.

> (they work :-) )

No surprise :)

> and it ended with
>
> cp: docs/aws.html: No such file or directory
> cp: docs/html: No such file or directory
> cp: templates_parser/docs/templates_parser.html: No such file or directory
> cp: templates_parser/docs/templates_parser.info*: No such file or directory
> cp: docs/aws.txt: No such file or directory
> cp: docs/*.info*: No such file or directory
>
> (but not with an error code)
> is it right ?

No problem, just that you did not build the documentation. To do that
you need a full textinfo/latex setup.

> but, why doesn't it work if we try to use demos.gpr ?

demos.gpr is there to build the demos in the build environment only.

> i tried with
> ADA_PROJECT_PATH=/Users/thomas/Documents/info/bin/autoinstall/autre/lib/gnat;/Users/thomas/Documents/info/bin/autoinstall/autre/lib/gnat/aws

You need to add <aws_root>/.build/projects

As described into the documentation :) ... that was not built !

> could you help me to find in this page
> http://www.adacore.com/wp-content/files/auto_update/gnat-unw-docs/html/gnat_ugn_12.html
>
> how to set a directory where i want the executables, please ? :-)

   For Exec_Dir use "whatever";

But again this is not AWS related !

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net